Olivet’s student theater group, Green Room, presents “The Foreigner” as this year’s spring play on stage at Kresge Auditorium in Larsen Fine Arts Center. Show times are: Thursday, April 4, 7 p.m.; Friday, April 5, 7 p.m.; and Saturday, April 6, 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Directed by Emily Dillard, a senior from Galesburg, Ill., “The Foreigner” is an American comedy by playwright Larry Shue. Set in a resort-style fishing lodge in rural Georgia, this is the story of Charlie Baker, an Englishman, and his friend, Froggy, as they use humor to cope with some difficult situations. In the end, their humor creates even more difficulties. If you enjoy plotting and planning that threatens to backfire, this is a must-see!
Starring in Olivet’s production are:
• Jordan Jackson (junior, Visalia, Calif.) as the foreigner, Charlie Baker
• Nick Allen (sophomore, Bourbonnais, Ill.) as S/Sgt. "Froggy" LeSueur
• Chelsea Risinger (sophomore, Tremont, Ill.) as Betty Meeks
• Miles Kolby Meador (sophomore, Oreana, Ill.) as Rev. David Marshall Lee
• Hannah Williams (junior, Beavercreek, Ohio) as Catherine Simms
• Jamison Burchfield (junior, St. Joseph, Mich.) as Ellard Simms
• Brent Brooks (senior, Dahinda, Ill.) as Owen Musser
• G.J. Frye (sophomore, Flushing, Mich.) as a townsperson
• Kristina Kirkham (senior, Rushville, Ill.) as a townsperson
• Jason Walker (senior, Minneola, Kan.) as a townsperson
• Jose Cruz (senior, Island Lake, Ill.) as a townsperson
• McKenzie Smith (freshman, Columbia City, Ind.) as a townsperson
• Dan Strasser (junior, Clio, Mich.) as a townsperson
• J.R. Cummings (sophomore, San Jose, Calif.) as a townsperson
Emily, director of the production, is majoring in communications with a double concentration in corporate communications and theater. Previously on the Olivet stage, she has directed “Broadway Revue” (2011 and 2012). She was assistant director for “Dear Edwina" at Galesburg First Church of the Nazarene Community Theater and “The Seussification of Romeo and Juliet" at Churchill Junior High School in Galesburg. She has served as president of Green Room. After her graduation this May, she plans to pursue a career in professional theater, focusing on the administrative aspects of theater production.
Admission is $5 per person or $2.50 for students with a discount card. For more information, call 309-368-9941 or email email@example.com.