Join Olivet’s Enactus team, and impact our world with your business knowledge and Christian heart for service.
Olivet’s Enactus team has been a growing, dynamic student club on campus for more than 25 years. In 1990, our team won the Rookie of the Year award at the Enactus (formerly known as SIFE) Regional Competition — and we’ve won at regionals in Chicago and qualified for national competition every year since then. Olivet consistently ranks in the top 40 of teams nationwide.
Under the leadership of faculty sponsor Dr. Lynda Allen, students’ level of commitment continues to increase. Instead of just checking projects off a list of things to do, Enactus students challenge themselves to plan, create and develop a variety of projects that have a meaningful impact on the community around them.
Olivet’s Enactus team includes members from several different academic majors.
Putting knowledge to work
Every year Enactus is different at Olivet. Along with other members, you can be part of projects based on addressing community and worldwide needs.
- Help with collection of shoeboxes on campus for Operation Christmas Child, a ministry of Samaritan’s Purse.
- Partner with other Olivet students for campus-wide fundraising projects, such as the Haiti Water Project.
Success stories from previous years include:
- Enactus student business organization offers creative holiday shopping option
Goals for future projects include:
- Microloans to entrepreneurs in Haiti
- A business plan for a car wash whose proceeds go back to Olivet scholarships
- Teaching computer courses to inmates at the local detention center
And much more!
Active part of a larger organization
Enactus has 1,600 university groups with 57,000 active students in 39 countries. Team members have devoted more than 5.7 million hours to complete more than 6,500 community projects.