Olivet graduates are well-equipped to meet the demands and challenges of the engineering profession.
Engineering Student Outcomes
Graduates from the Olivet Nazarene University Engineering Program (with an engineering major) must demonstrate:
1. An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
2. An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
3. An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
4. An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgements, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
5. An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
6. An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgement to draw conclusions
7. An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
8. A Christian character expressed in service to church, campus, and community
Program Educational Objectives
Within three to five years after graduation, Olivet expects our engineering alumni to:
- Exemplify Christian service and leadership in their families, churches, businesses and communities.
- Employ engineering science principles and design methods in a variety of engineering and professional assignments.
- Express professional communication skills with peers, clients, management and the public.
- Expand their knowledge and capabilities through continuous learning and professional development.
- Encourage the advancement of the Olivet Engineering program.