Olivet Nazarene University is already preparing for the fall 2021 semester! Although we do not have any plans to mandate a vaccine for students or employees, the fact that many of our students, faculty and staff have already received one will have a positive impact on our campus and surrounding community this fall. We encourage those who have not yet received a vaccine to consider doing so this summer. In addition to the individual benefit of not needing to quarantine upon COVID-exposure, the higher our collective vaccination percentage is, the greater the likelihood is that we will have a more normal-looking fall.
Keeping in mind that things can always change, this is some of what we are anticipating for fall 2021:
- Mask-wearing will be a personal choice, rather than a campus-wide mandate.
- The classroom experience to return to normal without the requirement of distancing and masks.
- Ludwig Center will return to full normal operation, allowing us to take full advantage of the remodeling that was done this past summer.
- A full chapel schedule which will allow us to join together to worship and grow.
- Athletic teams to have full seasons as they compete for championships.
- Performing arts departments to once again be busy with concerts, shows, and productions.
- Residential life and community life teams will offer a full schedule of enriching activities and events.
Taking into account national, state and local guidance, Olivet will make decisions about campus operations closer to the fall semester, and new and returning students will receive information about any relevant changes. When school is back in session, positive active cases and weekly testing numbers will be updated daily on the Olivet COVID-19 Dashboard page.